Rarity is a property of items.
There are four rarities in game. From rarer to commoner:
- Legendary, associated to Purple color
- Rare, yellow colored
- Uncommon, with green borders
- Common, grey
Rarity and Quality
Generally speaking, an item's rarity indicates how "good" the item is. But it might not be true in some cases. Examples:
- The Barbarian destiny card comes only in uncommon rarity. However its ability of resetting all cooldowns could make the core of some certain builds.
- All Emotes have the rarity of Legendary. But they are utterly useless in battle.
- When fully transmuted, rare weapons tend to be able to do more damage than legendary weapons of the same type.
Change an item's rarity
Weapons can change in Rarity when adding a third weapon special property via transmutation.
Demon Powers also change in rarity when transmuting them to increase their property values, so a Common Demon Power can be transmuted to increase its values and its rarity will change accordingly. When the sum of both properties filled bars reaches the 51% the Demon Power rarity upgrades from Rare to Legendary. [need verification]